Fundación Histórica Neogranadina
- Digitization of historical archives in Colombia using open source technology.
- Collaborative cataloguing.
- Visualization of early modern imperial geographies in northen South America More here
- Novice-friendly, peer-reviewed tutorials that help humanists learn a wide range of digital tools, techniques, and workflows to facilitate their research. Very soon PH will have contents for the Spanish speaking audience. More here
- In the summer of 2014 I participated in the Visualizing Venice Digital Workshop, a course to learn a range of digital skills in 3D modeling, visualization, and mapping technologies. The theme of the workshop was Venice and its islands.
- Below you can see a video about the fortification system of the Venice Lagoon produced by me and two other scholars during the Digital Visualization Workshop in 2014.
- Mapping Nature in New Granada seeks to develop an interactive visualization tool that narrates the spatial history of the exploitation of natural and geographic resources in a colony of the Spanish empire. More here
The Programming Historian en español
Visualizing Venice: the city and the Lagoon, 2014
Projects in process
Mapping Nature in New Granada, 1739-1830
Experimenting with Digital Tools
Exhibitions in Neatline
Administrative-Territorial Divisions of the Viceroyalty of New Granada, 1739-1808. Clic here.